I am so honored today to be nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by A Reader’s Journey, one of the first blogs I started following when I started my own a couple of months ago.
Blogger Recognition Award
Once you are nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award, if you wish to accept your nomination, you must follow these rules:
- Generate a post about the award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a brief story about how your blog began.
- Provide two pieces of advice to newbie bloggers.
- Select 15 blogs to nominate.
- Comment on each nominee’s blog and provide a link to the post that you created about the award.
I don’t think that I will nominate 15 other blogs, that number seems high, but I’m more than happy to spread the love to some other blogs worth of recognition.
How my blog began
My main motivation for starting the blog was to help me get the chance to read more new books via Netgalley and other review sites. I love to be able to put my thoughts out there into the world and let people know what I think about the next big book.
I also just always have this need to talk to people, share what I’m doing. I suppose that makes me a bit of an attention hog but I really I just like talking to people. So many books have changed so many lives and if my reviews can help a person find their next great read, that’s just amazing.
Advice for newbie bloggers
- Don’t just post reviews! Some of my more popular posts are reading-related topics, not actual critiques. Think about problems or issues that you have related to your own reading life and style, and how you address them.
- Use images! Staring at a blank white screen of text can get tedious, and a well-placed picture or gif that relates to what you’re writing is a great way to keep people’s attention on your page. (unrelated, how do you pronounce ‘gif?’)
Now that that’s done, make sure you give these blogs some love and attention. Happy weekend!