I was so excited the other day when Malanie nominated me for this award! I love these little awards/memes/lists/questionnaires so any time i get to participate in one is a treat. Thank you, Malaine!
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog.
3. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well. (Maggie @okoto enigmas blog)
4. Tell your readers three things about yourself.
5. Nominate 10-20 people. (I did three because I’m lazy)
6. Notify your nominees.
7. Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, specifying one weird/funny question.
8. Share a link to your best post(s).
Three things about me!
- In 2011 I started a blog called Get Out Of There Cat that actually got kind of tumblr famous, and I even wrote a book! In ensuing years it has died down and tapered off, but we had a great run and made a lot of people very happy to feature their cats. I loved how much the community would come together to offer emotional and sometimes even financial support for other cat owners going through difficult times, as well as offer advice on different behavioral issues.
- I was a foreign languages major in college and graduated with two bachelors’ degrees in French and Spanish. I spent a semester in Spain, during which time I got to visit France and Morocco as well!
- I’ve had depression since I was a teenager and more recently struggled with anxiety. Mental health visibility and acceptance is very important to me and I’m so grateful to all the people in my life who have helped me become a healthier person.
1. If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on? First would be paying off all my husband’s student loans, and with the $25 I’d have left over I’d probably do something nice for my parents and mother-in-law. (The loans aren’t actually quite THAT big so probably something for an animal charity as well.)
2. What hyped book, do you hate/dislike? 100 Years of Solitude. I know I’ve talked about it before and I’m certain my book club is sick of me hating on it but honestly, it glorifies incest, rape, and child marriage and NOT in one of those ‘really makes you think’ kind of ways. It’s gross, and I don’t understand why GGM has two Nobel prizes for writing multiple books about old men having sex with children.
3. What is your worst and best trait? My worst trait is probably that I don’t know when to let stuff go (see response to question #2). I’d like to think my best trait is that I’m a good friend and make myself available to people when they’re in need.
4. What is the most interesting thing you’ve read this week? I finished Hillbilly Elegy this week and I’m not so sure what I think of it. We’re discussing it for book club in May and I might read it again before then (or at least parts of it) to get my thoughts in order.
5. If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done? Some sort of civil disobedience like poured red paint on the statue of a Confederate general, or screamed obscenities at one of my local politicians.
My nominees! (sorry if you’ve already been nominated)
- What book would you re-write if you could, and why? What would you change?
- If you could only read one author for the rest of your life, who would it be and why?
- Who is your ideal book spouse (character in a book you would marry) and why?
- What was your favorite book when you were in middle school, and why?
- If you had to be the SIDEKICK in any book/series, who would it be and why?